Killer French Toast:
Love French Toast. Check.
Love Sandwiches. Check.
Love Syrup. Check.
Love Marmalade.* Check. Check.
Love Cream Cheese. CHECK.
Love Sweet. Check.
Love Savory. Check.
Love Sweet & Savory. Check. Check.
DK Rating: 10.
Find recipe below:
Recipe & Image: Courtesy of Taste of Home
- 1 container (8 oz) whipped cream cheese
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 3/4 cup Orange Marmalade (*Don’t like Marmalade? Replace with your favorite Jelly or Jam)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Maple Syrup, Optional (Nothing optional about it. Mandatory)
- Spread cream cheese over six slices of bread; top with marmalade and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Dip both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture. Place sandwiches on griddle; toast 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. If desired, serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
1 Sandwich = 447 calories. (Don’t ask how many I inhaled.)