I cannot cause light;
the most I can do is try to put myself in the path of its beam.
It is possible, in deep space, to sail on solar wind.
Light, be it particle or wave, has force:
you rig a giant sail and go.
The secret of seeing is to sail on solar wind.
Hone and spread your spirit till you yourself are a sail,
whetted, translucent, broadside to the merest puff.
~ Annie Dillard, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek
- Poem: Thank you Beth for your ongoing inspirations: Alive on All Channels
- Art: Silvia Angelova (Bulgaria) (via The Sensual Starfish).
- Prior “Lightly child, lightly” Posts? Connect here.
- Related posts: Annie Dillard
- Post Title & Inspiration: Aldous Huxley: “It’s dark because you are trying too hard. Lightly child, lightly. Learn to do everything lightly. Yes, feel lightly even though you’re feeling deeply. Just lightly let things happen and lightly cope with them.”