Laura Stack @ The Productivity Pro Blog wrote an post titled “Sleep Your Way to a Productive Day!” The post included a quiz to determine “how sleepy you are” and what you can do about it. Good post. I’m part way home on recommendations (light meals [no donuts], no alcohol, TV off) but a long way from home. (Note to Self: Read. Re-Read. Digest. Do.)
Here’s the quiz. Don’t ask my score. Based on results, I need an oximetry test and probably a battery of other tests. (I had to look up “oximetry” in Webster’s). How did you score? Any additional advice for those insomniacs among us? All tips are welcome.
- Do you get sleepy while at your desk during the day?
- Do you consistently get grumpy or feel low?
- Do you need an alarm clock to wake you up in the morning?
- Do you hit an afternoon “slump” after you eat?
- If you were a passenger in a car for an hour during the day, would you nod off if you didn’t take a break?
- Would you fall asleep if you sat quietly and read during the day?
- Are you likely to doze off while watching TV during the day?
- Do you get fewer than six hours of sleep at night?
Total number of “yes” answers: _______
Check your score to see how sleepy you are:
- 1 – 3 Congratulations, you are getting enough sleep!
- 4 – 5 You are sleep deprived.
- 6 and up Seek the advice of a sleep specialist!
If your score is 6 or higher, you might want to consider having your primary care physician order an oximetry test on you, just to rule out a more serious problem.
Image Source: weheartit.com