Nice way to start off our Monday Morning, huh? A few nuggets pulled from the info graphic below:
- Middle-aged workers who have poor relationships with their colleagues were 2.4x more likely to die sooner.
- Women who reported having control/power in the workplace were 70% more likely to die than those who did not feel in control. (Really?)
- Surprisingly, relationships with Bosses had no ties to increased death, even though it was the top cause of leaving a job. (Really? Now I’m wondering about sample size)
- Top 10 Most stressful jobs. (Oh oh)
- 44% say that their job is excessively stressful.
- In the UK, stress is now the #1 cause for leave of absences.
- Stress has been called the 21st century’s equivalent of Black Death.
- Prolonged stress is equivalent to carrying an additional 40 pounds.