Happy Birthday Eric!

Happy 19th Birthday Son.

Your Mother and I were looking at your baby pictures last night.  We came across the shot below.  You were two months old.

You and I have debated this point.  (On Head Size.)  Yet, the truth is now inconvertible upon reflection.

1. Despite your impressive academic achievements, your head size remains disproportionately large compared to your body.  (Yes, the photo is shocking.  Your Mother had to sit down as she looked at the photo – I saw her shudder as she recalled the memories of the birthing process.  BTW, I checked out Einstein’s head, it was normal size.)
  2. See the position of your head in the shot.  Your neck was straining to support your head.  All of your photos have you in the same profile: leaning and tilting.  (Again, the cranium cargo load is daunting.)
  3. All 10 lbs 3 oz of you were delivered via c-section – – because you wouldn’t come out the traditional way.  (Resisting parental guidance starting early – at birth.  And Head size.  Simply Massive.  And yet your Mother still coddles you even after that trauma.)

Have a great day Eric. Big Head and All…We love you.

Baby pictures, baby

Related Posts on Eric:

Comments

1. Alex Jones says:

My first laugh of the new week. Hope your son has a great day.

2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your son, David!!!
    All the best for this beautiful big head!
    🙂

3. Happy Birthday to your son, Blessing and Happiness to you all, love, nia

4. Not only is he absolutely adorable, he’s leaning to the left – my kind of kid. Happy Happy Birthday Eric and despite any embarrassment this post may elicit from you, just remember – it’s your dad, you know him and he loves you all there is…;-)

5. Happy Birthday, Eric….I’ll always remember your birthday as we share the day…just a few years apart, well more than a few….

6. Happy Birthday, Eric! I think you have a rakish air about you, even at this tender age. Your Dad’s just jealous. 😉

7. And from memory, he’s just as handsome today as he was back then…. 🙂

8. Have a wonderful day Eric…..in spite of your Dad’s ribbing!

9. Happy Birthday, Eric and Happy Day to you, David. Does the parental ribbing get easier at 19 or is it still annoying, I wonder? 🙂

10. Awww…Happy Birthday to your son! How blessed you all are!

11. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

12. Awww … he was and I’m sure still is, so cute! Happy birthday Eric.

13. God save us from parents with blogs and baby pictures!!! [At least that’s how our kids must feel!] Nice work, Kanigans!!!

14. So cute!

15. Tom Hood says:

Wow! That’s a big noggin!

Tom

Sent from my iPad

16. Happy birthday, Eric. Aren’t you glad that your dad has a blog?

17. Happy Birthday Eric! And, by they way, I had TWO kids by c-section (talk about one big scar!)…and they too had that “resisting parental guidance” look on their faces, and still do. 🙂

18. Happy birthday to your son, David. Eric was a beautiful baby, big head and all. 😀

19. Oh what a big smile this brought to my face. This is a wonderful birthday post.
    When we kid our kids about the size of their noggins – we call them puppet-heads or bobble-heads 🙂
    Happy Birthday to your son & wishes to him for may more…!

20. So cute!!

I nominated you for the “very inspiring” blog award (:

21. Frank H says:

Like father like son! Hope Eric has a great one.

22. Poor Eric!! I’m convinced his big noggin is from you DK!

I hope Eric has an awesome day. He’s a great kid. You did we’ll Susan!!

23. petit4chocolatier says:

Happy Birthday Eric!

24. … H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y E R I C…
    May all of your Dreams come true. Amin!
    Dave, your writings are always full of love =)

25. He is lucky to have loving parents as you are lucky to have him. Happy Birthday to your son.

26. lkanigan says:

Wow…the pot calling the kettle black. Might want to dust off and read again “how to win friends & influence people.”

27. Bim Sohan says:

What an adorable baby. ” Happy Birthday Eric”.

28. Such a cute post! Happy birthday to your son David! 🙂

29. What a cool post and wonderful tribute to your son.