But NOT Biblioclast (Sacrilegious!), Biblioklept/Bibliolestes (Blasphemous!), Bibliopole (Rarely and with anxiety), Biblioriptos (No! Set them down gently, carefully, cautiously).
Thank you Maureen at Magnolia Beginnings for presenting me with The Booker Award. It’s a tall order to list my top 5 books of all time (so I’m giving you 11). And, I’ve excluded “self-help”, “business” and “autobiographies” from this list. Here we go:
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines (Review @ this link)
- The Education of Little Tree by Forrest Carter (Review @ this link)
- Run Rabbit Run by John Updike
- Home by Marilynne Robinson (Review @ this link)
- Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
- All the Living by C. E. Morgan (Review @ this link)
- Plainsong by Kent Haruf
- Blindness by Jose Saramago
- The Trilogy by Cormac McCarthy (All The Pretty Horses; The Crossing; Cities of the Plain)
- Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
- Straight Man by Richard Russo
- A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
My nominees for The Booker Award are listed below. If you choose to participate, the rules of the award are to: 1) Nominate 5-10 bloggers and let your recipients know. (2) Post The Booker Award picture. (3) Share your top 5 books of all time.