SMWI* = Saturday Morning Workout Inspiration. Source: chikita banana
Žydrūnas Savickas, 38, is a Lithuanian powerlifter and professional strongman. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest strongman competitors of all time. He is the only modern strongman competitor to have won every major strongman competition, most notably the World’s Strongest Man in 2009, 2010, & 2012. He is 6 ft 3 in tall and competes at 385 lb. Savickas is often referred to by his nickname, “Big Z”. (Source: Wiki)
This month, Savickas broke the Guinness world record for the most cars pulled by one man when he hauled 12 Nissan Cars (28,530 pounds) for five meters in Druskininkai, Lithuania. See video here.
What is your diet like during heavy training?
I eat about 6,000 calories a day, plus I drink four or five litres of water and three protein shakes with milk or water. I eat four times a day, mainly cottage cheese, eggs, chicken, beef, fish, rice, potatoes, vegetables and fruit juices. My favourite food is Steak and Potatoes. I monitor my body weight. If I just need power for a competition then I eat fried food. But if I also need speed or endurance, such as in the World’s Strongest Man competition, I eat more healthily. I’m very careful with alcohol: I have a glass of white wine perhaps two or three times a year. (Source: Men’s Fitness)
SMWI* = Saturday Morning Workout Inspiration
Some clips need no introduction…
By Craig Harper: Fifteen Lessons From the Gym Floor. A few excerpts
1) Genetics aren’t optional but what we do with them is.
3) Many of us like the idea of losing weight but not the practical reality of it.
4) Some of us have been *almost* changing our habits and bodies for years.
5) Many of us have an unhealthy and dysfunctional relationship with food.
6) In many instances our body is the result. Not the problem.
10) The most effective exercise program is not always the most enjoyable program.
13) Finding a problem requires less effort than finding a solution.
- Missed your work out yesterday? (this week? this month?) Forgetaboutit…
- Should I work out today?
- Saturday Morning Workout Inspiration: Yes, I did
- There’s still time today to burn