Catching up on your posts and came across your July 7 Monday Mantra. Thought you might like to see the original video of the reggae-biased Morepork … so named for their call. If you live close to bush in New Zealand, you turn on the porch light and these little guys will come calling to feed on the moths.”
This little Morepork (or Ruru in Maori) arrived at New Zealand Bird Rescue Charitable Trust’s Green Bay Hospital in Auckland when it was about a week old. Now it is flying and has lost most of its baby feathers. New Zealand Bird Rescue supports the community by assisting many thousands of sick, orphaned, injured and lost birds every year. Birds that come into care here are rehabilitated until they are ready for release back into the wild. We accept and care for all New Zealand birds; no bird is ever turned away. Many have been victims of cat attacks, road accidents, pollution, fishing line entanglements, and human ignorance or cruelty.
Thank you Stephen.
Source: Tiny Doberman puppy from Attack of the Cute
Hump Day Howl from Belka the Siberian Husky. 20 days old.
Thank you Lori.
- Eric – thank you for the Zeke pic. Rachel wants credit for Zeke/flag background set up. Eric disputes that she had any involvement in the production.
- Patton from FogsMovieReviews
Source: The Pet’s Mart (The 10 Naughtiest Dog Breeds)
The Kick off of the 2014 World Cup
Here’s our very own Zekester waiting for the U.S. game…
Photographer: Thank you Susan
Owner tries to wake-up his puppy at 3:30am.
Winner of the year for Adorable Puppy?
This Great Dane: The runaway winner.
Thank you Janet.
…You need a scratch right there, right there. That’s the spot. Don’t stop. Don’t stop…
- (And I am ignoring that this beautiful creature is in a cage.)
- And I’m trying to block this out: The Decline of Big Cats in 50 Years
- Need more “Some days, Some days…” – see Frog, Chicken, Bunny.
- Image Source: gifak.net
Don’t you just love these two (especially the ear flaps UP on queue)
(Note to Self: How many times can you watch this loop, when you know the outcome?)
…you just need to hug a giant bunny.
And, if you just need to see more…check this out:
Source: “Boo” character from Monsters, Inc. via Living in Maine
Image Credit: Themetapicture.com
1) “It’s just all too exhausting to get lathered up about. I don’t get any respect!” or,
2) “Do you see the oasis ahead?” or,
3) “If I hold my head very still, perhaps she won’t leave any deposits.” or,
4) “Whaddya think of my new hat?”
Image Credit: Eric Lafforgue
…you just need to hug the Big Frog
Source: Thank you Carol