A whole lot of us go through life assuming that we are basically right, basically all the time, about basically everything: about our political and intellectual convictions, our religious and moral beliefs, our assessment of other people, our memories, our grasp of facts. As absurd as it sounds when we stop to think about it, our steady state seems to be one of unconsciously assuming that we are very close to omniscient.
- Kathryn Schulz, Being Wrong
- Image: kdc123.
- Quote Source: Thank you WhiskeyRiver.
- Find her book here: Being Wrong.
- Find book review of Being Wrong here: To Err Is Human. And How! And Why.
- Find her bio on wiki here: Kathryn Schulz.