Pluviophile

pluviophile - lover of rain

Source: Youreyesblazeout

Comments

1. My condition has a name! :-) seriously, I love nothing more than snuggling in on a rainy day. I find it very peaceful and restorative….Don’t think I could take a steady diet it of, ala Seattle, but here and there, absolutely…. :-)

2. I love sitting on the porch when it rains. Listening to the pattering of raindrops on the roof. I sometimes even go for a run in the rain. Love it.
    Peace!!!

3. Hello – My name is RoSy & I’m a Pluviophile.

4. I vote with everyone else – just not as a daily dose..

5. i have my pluvi days and my sunny days

6. I love watching storms come in over the ocean and I love running in the rain (warm, Florida rain, that is)

7. Aakriti Singh says:

nothing can soothe me as the rain does! Its like I forget to whre i belong ….it feels ME to b jst living the raindrops :)

8. gosh all these years i thought i was alone ….this is me to my core….does anyone know if i could purchase this poster? really would love it…searched but no luck

9. I’m a raging Pluviophile!! I LOVE the rain!

10. Soothing and comforting… not to mention it smells wonderful.

11. Heh! All this time I didn’t know there was a name for this! :)

12. My nickname is Rain Fan. I live in & LOVE Oregon.

13. I cant see how anyone could become depressed by rain…its like my liquid happiness. That and vodka

14. Whoa, I’ve got PEEPS and didn’t know it! Have been ostracized for years for thriving in the rain.

15. Mujeed Ahad Muhammad says:

Finally a name for this thoughts of Loving when it rains, and people who understand my plight. The rain brings peace and a certain calmness to my very being, I must live in a rainy place if not i would be depressed, I feel such excitement when it’s cloudy anticipating the rain.

16. I love it. I swear I was meant to live in the Northwest. I love rain. Not so good when you live in Texas :)

17. I love to sit on the oceans bluff in Oregon in a warm thunder storm & watch the lightning strike the water, so awesome, & I love to sit on a lg. rock next to a stream listening to the trees, the wind & the brook babble, rain or shine , good for soul searching, especially in my home town. :)

18. deb foreman says:

I too have loved the rain all my life. Now I’ve come to realize why. Sometimes life hurts so much and rain washes all the dirt life brings. Its like starting with a clean slate after every rain storm. :-)

19. Rain. Thunderstorms. Hail. Tornadoes. Sleet. Snow. I love all kinds of storms. Sunshine is depressing to me. Yep, I’m upside down and backwards, and I know it. And I don’t care.

20. I live in Washington State and it rains 80% of the time. I do not mind it as I grew up in Southeast Alaska and it rained there all but one day my senior year.

21. heart-heart says:

I do love when it rains. I easily catch up my lessons when it rains because I feel relax and comfortable.

22. I pray for rain. I love this post. The last time it rained in my drought ridden So. Calif town, I was jubilant all day. Paulette :-)

23. That makes two of us!!! We are in a drought here in Texas too and so it makes the absence of rain even more painful! Thank you for visiting my blog today. I’m glad you liked my post and hope you will come again sometime. Blessings, Natalie :)

24. Plonker says:

I get up in the morning draw the blinds and if it’s overcast and raining it cheers me up no end…

25. It’s interesting. We all have our own response to the elements of nature based on our own chemistry. I always loved to look out at the ocean and never knew the mountain air is much better for me, better suited for my constitution.

26. Bantionette says:

I must be a pluviophile because I love everything about the rain, the smell of the rain is a great intoxicant for me, it cleans, it rejuvenate, it relaxes, it comforts, it brings out amorous feelings within me.

27. Bantionette says:

YEAH!!!! it rained all night here in Southern California, where I live because we have not had any rain for the last eleven months, I was so happy for it that I got up and opened my back door reveled with the joy of the rain.

28. So glad you had rain…you need it!

29. Reblogged this on It Is What It Is and commented:
    Love this …. I love rainy days!!!

30. Awesome!! You beat me to the punch … I was going to use that pic sometime. You were faster!!! LOL … glad you did!!! I am one of them ….. :-)

31. Wow! this is incredible. I love the rain, storms, thunder, lightening, dark days etc and I just thrive!
    friends and family have always thought I’m quite mad.
    when the sun comes out I cope only because I know it will rain again. To much sun and I actually feel down!
    I’ll be showing them this article and saying “there you are, I’m not alone”

32. Does it rain a lot where you are? =)

33. Wow, it’s a great feeling to see there r other people in world feeling like me,
    Rain and snow shifts my sprit to another lever , I’m literally in love with rainy days and
    Imagine leaving in Los angeles ;)) everyone call me crazy they say I’m leaving in heaven and
    I can’t explain to them why my soul need rain need storm, needs snow , I mean even my family
    Think I’m crazy beacuase I want to move to east coast ,I feel another person when I see rain or snow
    I’m so glad other people share the same thing with me

Hallelujah;))))))

34. Theres nothing better than sitting out on a rainy day, closing my eyes and listening to the rain, to feel the rain pattering down on my face, it is just unbelievably calming and relaxing, and also quite refreshing, i am with you all on this, i get looked at funny, called crazy for prefering the rain, but when i explain why and the feeling i get, very few can understand, the rest still think im nuts, ive even gone as far as having an app on my phone for those summer nights in bed, so i can listen to the rain and thunder to help me sleep.

35. I love rain, spring, summer, and fall – but, come winter – it’s the cold, beautiful snow that cheers me! Indoors with a cup of hot chocolate and a book (and a blanket) – I’m set for hours on end!

36. Skyler Tyndall says:

I absolutely love rain and thunderstorms. I will only watch the news channel in hopes that there will be thunderstorms. I’ve always thought of it as a weird obsession that I possess. I’m still not sure what term this type of love for storms is also known as.

37. kay Benson says:

And i thought I was the only 1…